Student and peer thank you notes.
Adult Feedback from Association Instructor sessions
Beginning Teachers’ Conference
|Make Me a Maker – Fostering a Maker Mentality in Your School||Had lots of hands on ideas. Set aside time for questions at the end, this was valuable because this was the area I feel most people learnt from the most. Great!|
|Alison is not only an amazing teacher but also incredibly inspiring! Such a great session on maker spaces.|
|Very hands on and informative. Great presentation.|
|Absolutely loved this workshop! Even better was the timing it was offered at. It was such a great and positive way to start my day. Gave me so many ideas and I am already going to do some of the activities we did with my class this week. She brought in so many personal stories with her own classes that it helped to understand what a maker means and how easily we can implement into our classrooms. Definitely a must for next year.|
|Great presenter who was enthusiastic and provided lots of hands on ideas|
|Great hands on and team work building applications. Great ideas to bring to the classroom.|
|Gave some good resources and ideas. Liked that we moved and did activities.|
Teaching & Related Responsibilities Experiences.
- Art 5 – 8.
- Humanities 7 (Cross-curricular Language Arts & Social Studies).
- Augmented Reality.
- Digital Media 7 & 8.
- Health 7 & 8
- English 10-1.
- Drama 7 & 8, 10, 20, 30.
- Career & Life Management (CALM).
- Painting 7 & 8. An exploration of painting through color mixing, design and introductory painting techniques. Projects included watercolor, acrylics, printmaking, and mixed media. Students also focused upon collaborative art creating a group mural and joint paintings.
- Drawing 7 & 8. This exploratory will focus on drawing skills using a variety of tools such as pencil, pencil crayons, crayons, chalk pastel, charcoal, and other mixed media. Focus will be upon sketchbook activities to enhance drawing skills as well as formal drawing artwork.
- Sculpture 7 & 8. An exploration of 3D art design. Experimenting with a variety of materials, artists will create using limited supplies. Projects included a group collaborative human figures, plaster masks and paper bag sculptures.
- Art Metal Design. Learners will develop skills to safely design, drill, saw, rivet, and finish by creating their own personalized metal artifacts.
- Alberta Teachers’ Association Instructor. Facilitates PD learning sessions for Alberta Educators.